The Developmental Diversity Program seeks to build an active, adventurous community that fully includes people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. We provide services and supports throughout the life span for people to live and work and play outside. Through our numerous partnerships with local, state and federal agencies, we make outdoor and active lifestyles accessible to all people in our community.
What People Are Saying:
“I would just like to say your company has created an amazing opportunity for the folks we support! Every time we send a resident on an excursion with you they come back and talk about how much fun they had and all the things they did. They eagerly await the next outing! Thank you for providing this service. You are bringing joy to many people.” – Rebecca W. – Benton County care provider
Are you looking for outdoor recreational opportunities for yourself, your family member or a loved one? Our Developmental Diversity program includes folks with developmental disabilities, as well as family members, friends, care-takers and anyone up for an adventure!
Medicaid Eligible Provider
Cascadia Expeditions is a medicaid eligible provider, allowing folks with an existing medicaid funding allotment the ability to come on our adventures with no out-of-pocket expense. We work closely with case managers at the Benton County Health Department to enroll participants in our adventure program. Participants not eligible for Medicaid funding do pay out-of-pocket expenses of approximately $65 per day (prices vary due to activity).
All participants on our activities participate in the following:
- Explore local forests, rivers, beaches and educational opportunities in Oregon.
- Try new team, recreational and outdoor activities like hiking, rock-climbing and rafting!
- Learn outdoor skills, build self-confidence and have tons of fun!
Trained staff members provide knowledgeable instruction of wildlife, fish and plant ecology, game play, and outdoor recreational safety. Outdoor adventures build confidence, foster community spirit and expand knowledge of our environment and improve physical health through different modes of education.
Upcoming Adventures: June – September 2017
Developmental Diversity Program
- Please email John Ame at email@example.com to register. If you don’t have email you can call 541-231-7428.
- Registration confirmation emails with any additional details will be sent to all registrants 3 – 4 days prior to the day of the program.
- Please notify John with cancellations as soon as possible so he can notify people on the wait list and plan for staffing and food accordingly.
- Programs happen rain or shine unless the weather is dangerous due to lightning.
- Cascadia provides all gear, transportation, and lunch/snacks. You provide appropriate clothing and a positive attitude.
- Return times are estimates only. Confirm with staff on day of trip for more accurate information.
- All admissions, food, snacks, and activity gear are provided.
- Registration is required at least one week prior to trip date.
- Please notify Cascadia of cancellations as soon as possible so we can contact people on the wait list.